1. TO ENTER. From May 4th, 2023 from 8 p.m. through Friday, October 20th at 11:59 p.m., (“Entry Period”), entrants may enter the Unite The Fight Mercedes-Benz of Austin Raffle (“Raffle”) by purchasing a raffle ticket through www.unitethefightgala.com/raffle and completing a registration form which will include name, complete address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number.. Online ticket sales will be available until 11:59 pm, October 2oth, 2023. Tickets will also be sold during the gala assuming there are any available left to sell.
OFFICIAL DRAWING. The official drawing for the grand prize winner will take place on Saturday, October 21st, 2023 at the Fairmont Austin.
2. SPONSOR. The Raffle is sponsored by The Equality Alliance, a Texas non-profit corporation (the “Sponsor”). All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
3. CONDITIONS. An eligible entrant may only enter via the ticket purchasing methods as described above. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Neither Sponsor nor advertising and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of entries will be accepted.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNER. A random drawing will be conducted on October 21st, 2023 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, not to exceed 750. The winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or
email if they are not present at the Gala. The winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, which must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of issuance of notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents.
5. PRIZE. The prize is a brand new 2023 Mercedes-Benz C Class 3 year lease. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, if a prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
6. ELIGIBILITY. The Raffle is open to those who are 18 years of age or older as of October 21st, 2023. The Raffle is void where prohibited. The Equality Alliance Board, Directors of the Sponsor, Employees and their immediate families are not eligible to win the grand prize. Immediate family is defined as, through blood or marriage, one degree of familial relationship (including in-laws and step-family), such as your spouse, your siblings, your parents, and your children. Immediate family does not include other family members (including in-laws and step-family), such as grandchildren, grandparents, nieces, or nephews.
7. TAXES. All applicable federal, state and local tax associated with winning the prize in the Raffle will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner shall be provided a 1099 form for income tax purposes because the value of the prize exceeds $500. The winner will also be liable for the title and license fees and paperwork, if any.
8. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor, its employees and its Directors will not be responsible for or liable to any prize winner, winner’s family or estate for any submissions of entries that are lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, or incorrect. Sponsor can, at any time it chooses, without recourse, decide to terminate or modify the Raffle if the integrity of the Raffle appears to be compromised. If the raffle is cancelled, all monies paid for raffle tickets will be returned to entrants less processing fees. Decisions of the Sponsor related to the winner, interpretation of official rules, and other matters related to this Raffle are final.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE RAFFLE OR THE PRIZE, WHETHER IN RESPECT OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR OTHERWISE. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN, SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATED TO THE RAFFLE OR THE PRIZE. ALL ENTRANTS, BY ENTERING, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE SPONSOR, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR AGENTS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS OR PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, ACCEPTING, USING OR MISUSING OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITIES.
9. GOVERNING LAW. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All disputes surrounding the Raffle and any prize awarded hereunder will be subject to the substantive laws of Texas. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
10. GENERAL. Winner consents to the use of his or her name, biographical information, photographs and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. Purchased tickets are not tax deductible, nor considered a donation to the Sponsor.